Planning proposal for the Four in Hand Hotel, 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington
Woollahra Council exhibited a planning proposal in relation to the Four in Hand Hotel at 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington [Lot A in DP 330465].
The objective of the planning proposal is to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Woollahra LEP 2014), to list the Four in Hand Hotel as a heritage item. Heritage listing will provide ongoing protection and recognition of the heritage significance of the building and interiors.
A detailed description of the heritage significance of the item is included in the supporting documents to the planning proposal, particularly the Heritage Assessment/Heritage Inventory Sheet.
The gateway determination does not authorise Council as the local plan-making authority to make the LEP.
Public exhibition details
Public exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 29 May 2019 to Friday 28 June 2019. The key exhibition documents are provided below:
- Planning proposal - (Annexures removed)
- Gateway determination
- Heritage Significance Assessment/Inventory Sheet prepared by Robert Moore (November 2018)
- Submission from Ruth Daniell on behalf of the land owner (21 December 2018)
- Response to owner’s submission by Robert A Moore Pty Ltd (21 January 2019)
- Council resolution (11 February 2019)
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel report (7 March 2019) - (Annexures removed)
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel advice (7 March 2019)
- Environmental Planning Committee report (1 April 2019) - (Annexures removed)
- Council resolution (8 April 2019)
On 15 July 2019, a report on the public exhibition was considered by Council's Environmental Planning Committee (EPC).
On 22 July 2019, Council considered a report on the matter, and resolved:
- THAT Council proceed with the planning proposal for the Four in Hand Hotel at 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington, to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014, as exhibited, and proceed with the preparation of the draft LEP.
- THAT Council request the Minister for Planning, or his delegate, to make the LEP to list the Four in Hand Hotel, including interiors, as a heritage item under Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014.
In response to the resolution, Council requested that the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment prepare a draft LEP for approval by the Minister of Planning.
On Friday 17 January 2020, Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Amendment No 12) for the Four in Hand Hotel at 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington (Lot A, DP 330465) was notified (gazetted) on the NSW Legislation website. The amendment lists 105 Sutherland Street, Paddington (Four in Hand Hotel and interiors) as local heritage item number 682, in Schedule 5 of the Woollahra LEP 2014. See the amendment.
For more information please contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.