Re-exhibition of planning proposal for Rose Bay Uniting Church and Wesley Hall Group, 518a Old South Head Road, Rose Bay
Woollahra Council exhibited, and subsequently re-exhibited, a planning proposal in relation to Rose Bay Uniting Church and Wesley Hall Group at 518a Old South Head Road, Rose Bay [Lot 37 Sec A in DP 4567] (the site).
Re-exhibition occurred because the planning proposal had been updated to include a savings provision for any development application (DA) lodged but not determined prior to the commencement of the LEP amendment. The effect of the savings provision is that if a DA for the site has been submitted but not determined before the commencement of the LEP amendment, the application must be determined as if there is no heritage item on the site.
The objective of the planning proposal is to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014, to list a heritage item described as: Rose Bay Uniting Church and Wesley Hall Group - church and interiors (including moveable heritage, vestry and 1924 additions), Wesley Hall and interiors. Heritage listing will provide ongoing protection and recognition of the heritage significance of the item.
A detailed description of the heritage significance of the item is included in the supporting documents to the planning proposal, particularly the Heritage Significance Assessment and Heritage Data Form (Heritage Inventory Sheet).
The gateway determination does not authorise Council as the local plan-making authority to make the LEP.
- Exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 10 April 2019 to Friday 10 May 2019.
- Re-exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 12 June 2019 to Friday 12 July 2019.
Submissions made in both the exhibition and re-exhibition will be taken into account.
Public exhibition material
Part 1 - Planning proposal and gateway determination
Part 2 - Supplementary information
- Environmental Planning Committee report (7 May 2018) (Annexures removed)
- Council resolution (21 May 2018)
- Heritage Significance Assessment prepared by Robert Moore (March 2018)
- Heritage Inventory Sheet – 518a Old South Head Road, Rose Bay
- Submission from Conrad Gargett on behalf of the land owner (24 April 2018)
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel report (5 July 2018) (Annexures removed)
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel advice (5 July 2018)
- Council resolution (16 July 2018)
For more information contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 02 9391 7087.