Planning proposal for Dunara Reserve, Point Piper
Woollahra Council exhibited a planning proposal in relation to Dunara Reserve, Point Piper (the site). The site is located between 1 Wentworth Street and 9 Dunara Gardens, Point Piper, and comprises Lot 11 in DP 27451.
The objective of the planning proposal was to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Woollahra LEP 2014), to list Dunara Reserve, Point Piper, as a heritage item. Heritage listing provides ongoing protection and recognition of the heritage significance of the site, including a range of exotic and native trees.
To enable this objective the planning proposal will amend Woollahra LEP 2014 in the following manner:
- Insert a listing for Dunara Reserve – remnant of the residential garden of “Dunara”, in Part 1 Heritage Items of Schedule 5 Environmental Heritage.
- Amend the Heritage Map (Sheet HER_002) to identify an additional heritage item on the site of Dunara Reserve.
Council has been authorised to use its delegation to exercise the functions of the Greater Sydney Commission under section 3.36(2) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 to make the LEP.
Council's initial assessment of the planning proposal was reported to the Environmental Planning Committee (EP) and subsequently Council resolved to publicly exhibit the proposal.
Public exhibition material
Public exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 6 February to Friday 8 March 2019. The key exhibition documents are provided below:
- Planning proposal
- Planning proposal - Appendix 1 - Report to the Environmental Planning Committee of 2 July 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 2 - Council resolution of 16 July 2018
- Planning proposal - Appendix 3 - Heritage Significance Assessment, including draft inventory sheet (heritage data form)
- Gateway determination
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel Agenda - 13 September 2018
- Woollahra Local Planning Panel Minutes - 13 September 2018
- Environmental Planning Committee Agenda - 15 October 2018
- Council Minutes - 29 October 2018
A report on the public exhibition was considered by Council's Environmental Planning Committee (EP) on Monday 1 April, 2019
On 8 April 2019, the Council considered the recommendation of the EP and resolved:
A. THAT Council proceed with the planning proposal for Dunara Reserve, Point Piper (remnant of the residential garden of "Dunara") to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 as exhibited, and proceed with the preparation of the draft LEP.
B. THAT Council exercise its delegation authorised by the Director, Metropolitan (CBD) Planning Services, Department of Planning and Environment, on 15 September 2015, to carry out the functions of the Greater Sydney Commission under section 3.36 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
In response to the resolution, the planning proposal will be finalised by amending Schedule 5 of Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 to list Dunara Reserve as a local heritage item.
For more information contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.