Planning Proposal for 83 and 83A Yarranabbe Road, Darling Point
The planning proposal proposed the following changes to the planning controls that apply under Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014:
- Increase the floor space ratio (FSR) from 0.9:1 to 1.2:1
- Increase the maximum building height from 10.5m to 15.2m and apply a second height of 5.7m at the highest part on 83 Yarranabbe Road
- Increase maximum building height from 10.5m to 15.2m over part of 83A Yarranabbe Road
- Amend the foreshore building line from 30m to 18m for residential flat building and multi-dwelling housing
The land is zoned R3 Medium Density Residential. No change to the zone was proposed. The proposed changes to the FSR, height and foreshore building line would have facilitated redevelopment for a residential flat building.
Council's initial assessment of the planning proposal was reported to the Urban Planning Committee (UPC) and subsequently Council resolved to publicly exhibit the proposal.
- Urban Planning Committee report (24 November 2014) (PDF)
- Urban Planning Committee report: Annexure 1 - part one (24 November 2014) (PDF)
- Urban Planning Committee report: Annexure 1 - part two (24 November 2014) (PDF)
- Urban Planning Committee report: Annexure 2 (24 November 2014) (PDF)
- Council resolution (15 December 2014) (PDF)
Public Exhibition Material
Public Exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 25 March to Friday 8 May 2015. The key exhibition details are provided below:
Part 1 - Planning proposal
- Planning proposal (PDF)
Part 2 - Gateway determination and authorisation
On 10 August 2015, the Council considered the recommendation of the UPC and resolved:
THAT Council refuse the planning proposal for 83 and 83A Yarranabbe Road, Darling Point.
However, on 2 November 2015 the Council considered a rescission motion on this decision and resolved:
THAT the motion carried at the Council Meeting held on 10 August 2015 being Item Number R1 of the Urban Planning Committee dealing with the Planning Proposal for 83 and 83A Yarranabbe Road, Darling Point (SC2503) be rescinded.
This adopted rescission motion cancelled Council's decision of 10 August 2015. On 2 November 2015, a notice of motion was tabled at the Council meeting proposing further consideration of the planning proposal. Council resolved:
THAT Council requests staff to prepare a further report on the Planning Proposal for 83 and 83A Yarranabbe Road, Darling Point (SC2503) including consideration of all late correspondence and present this report to the Urban Planning Committee.
THAT the applicant meet with the Darling Point Society and other key community representatives to discuss the potential proposed impacts under:
- The planning proposal.
- The current LEP and DCP.
On 26 April 2016, the Council considered the recommendation of the UPC and resolved:
THAT Council DO NOT proceed with the planning proposal for 83 and 83A Yarranabbe Road, Darling Point and in fact REFUSE the application.
On 19 October 2016 the Department of Planning and Environment issued an amended gateway determination which stated that the planning proposal should not proceed.
For more information contact Council's Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.