Planning proposal for 636 and 638-646 New South Head Road, Rose Bay
The planning proposal amended the planning controls that apply to the land under Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 to permit development on the site (across both lots) for the purpose of a residential flat building, but only as part of a mixed use development. Commercial uses addressing New South Head Road will still be required on 638-646 New South Head Road.
Council's initial assessment of the planning proposal was reported to the Urban Planning Committee (UPC) and subsequently Council resolved to publicly exhibit the proposal.
Public Exhibition Material
Public exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 26 April until Friday 26 May 2017. The key exhibition documents are provided below:
Part 1 - Planning proposal and supplementary information
- Planning proposal (PDF)
- Attachment 1 (PDF) - Applicant planning proposal documentation
- Planning proposal report prepared by JBA Urban Planning Consultants
- Survey plans prepared by Project Surveyors
- Remediation action plan prepared by Consulting Earth Scientists
- Attachment 2 (PDF) - Consistency with A Plan for Growing Sydney (2014) and Draft Central District Plan (2016)
- Attachment 3 (PDF) - Consistency with state environmental planning policies
- Attachment 4 (PDF) - Compliance with section 117 directions
- Attachment 5 (PDF) - Flood Study
Part 2 - Gateway determination and authorisation
On 26 June 2017, the Council considered the recommendation of the UPC and resolved in part:
THAT Council proceed with the planning proposal for 636 and 638-646 New South Head Road, Rose Bay to amend Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 as exhibited.
The amended planning controls came into effect when the Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Amendment No 6) was notified on the NSW Legislation website on Friday 18 August 2017.
For more information contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.