Planning proposal for 374 and 376-382 New South Head Road, Double Bay
The planning proposal amended the planning controls that apply to the land under Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 as follows:
- increase the maximum floor space ratio from 2.5:1 on 374 New South Head Road and 3:1 on 376-382 New South Head Road to 4.5:1 over the site.
- increase the maximum building height from 14.7m to 23.5m over the entire site.
The changes to the planning controls will enable a 6 storey development with consent on the site.
Council's initial assessment of the planning proposal was reported to the Urban Planning Committee (UPC) and subsequently Council resolved to publicly exhibit the proposal.
Public Exhibition Material
Public exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 10 May until Friday 9 June 2017. The key exhibition documents are provided below:
Part 1 - Planning proposal and supplementary information
- Planning proposal (PDF)
- Annexure 1 (PDF) - Planning proposal submitted by Mecone - December 2016
- Annexure 2 (PDF) - UPC Report - 2 November 2015
- Annexure 3 (PDF) - Council Minutes - 16 November 2015
- Annexure 4 (PDF) - UPC Report - 23 May 2016
- Annexure 5 (PDF) - Council Minutes - 14 June 2016
- Annexure 6 (PDF) - UPC Report - 10 October 2016
- Annexure 7 (PDF) - Council Minutes - 31 October 2016
Part 2 - Gateway determination and authorisation
On 14 August 2017, the Council considered the recommendation of the UPC and resolved:
That the planning proposal for 374 and 376-382 New South Head Road, Double Bay proceed without change other than the update required by Condition No. 3 of the gateway determination.
The amended planning controls came into effect when the Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 2014 (Amendment No 7) (PDF) was notified on the NSW Legislation website on Friday 13 October 2017.
For more information contact Council's Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.