Planning proposal for 240-246 New South Head Road, Edgecliff (Thane Building)
The planning proposal amended the planning controls for the site by making the following changes:
- Increasing the maximum floor space ratio from 0.875:1 to 4:1
- Increasing the maximum building height from 9.5m to 18m, but also applying a second height limit of 14m at the highest part of the site.
The changes to the FSR and height facilitate redevelopment for a multi-storey residential flat building. The existing residential zoning was unchanged.
Council’s initial assessment of the planning proposal was reported to the Urban Planning Committee (UPC) and subsequently Council resolved to publicly exhibit the proposal:
- Urban Planning Committee report (16 December 2013) (PDF)
- Urban Planning Committee report: Annexures 1 to 3 (16 December 2013) (PDF)
- Council resolution (10 February 2014) (PDF)
Public Exhibition Material
Public exhibition of the planning proposal was held from Wednesday 18 June until Friday 18 July 2014. The key exhibition documents are provided below:
Part 1 - Planning proposal and supplementary information
Part 2 - Gateway determination
- Gateway determination (PDF)
On 22 September 2014, the Council considered the recommendation of the UPC and resolved:
That Council exercise its delegation authorised by the Department of Planning and Environment on 12 May 2014, to finalise and make the planning proposal, under section 59(2) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, in the manner in which it was exhibited.
- Urban Planning Committee Report and Annexures (8 September 2014) (PDF)
- Council resolution (22 September 2014) (PDF)
The amended planing controls came into effect when the Woollahra Local Environmental Plan 1995 (Amendment No 75) (PDF) was notified on the NSW Legislation website on Friday 10 October 2014.
For further information contact Council’s Strategic Planners on 9391 7087.