What can we help you with?

P 02 9391 7000
E records@woollahra.nsw.gov.au
536 New South Head Road, Double Bay NSW 2028

Contact us

Asbestos safety

In This Section

Complaints about unsafe work with asbestos

Any concerns or complaints about unsafe work on a building or work site that may contain asbestos are to be reported to
SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.

Concerns and complaints about unsafe work at a residential property by the home owner or tenant as part of home maintenance and small scale demolition can be reported to Council on 9391 7000.

Asbestos Licensing

Bonded asbestos licence

A bonded asbestos licence (Class B asbestos removal licence) is required to remove, repair or disturb more than 10 square meters of bonded asbestos material such as fibro, corrugated cement sheeting and asbestos cement pipes.

Friable asbestos licences

A friable asbestos licence (Class A asbestos removal licence) is required to remove, repair or disturb any amount of friable asbestos, such as sprayed limpet, asbestos cloth, millboard and pipe lagging. It also allows the removal of bonded asbestos. More information on asbestos licensing

Asbestos information

For information regarding asbestos, please refer to the following NSW Government and independent websites:

Safework NSW


Environment & Heritage (encompassing the Environment Protection Authority)

Fair Trading

Asbestos Disease Research Institute

Back to Top