Energy Smart Cafes
Join our Energy Smart Cafes program to cut your energy bills and emissions
Jointly run by Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra Councils, this free initiative is helping local cafes save money on their electricity bills and reduce carbon emissions.
How we help
Energy Smart Cafes makes it easy for your café to save electricity and money by providing free independent advice and technical support. Our program includes:
- Energy assessment to show you ways to reduce your equipment energy use and provide cost-saving actions tailored to your cafe.
- Comprehensive refrigeration health check and tune-up by an expert fridge technician.
- Qualified electrician to install timers on your coffee machine and/or hot water system to switch it off overnight when not in use and back on the next morning.
- An energy price comparison of your electricity and gas bills by an independent energy broker.
- Celebration and promotion activities to share your story to inspire other cafes to join the program.
Benefits for cafes
Energy is a major cost for cafes with many local café owners spending between $8,000 - $20,000 per year on electricity and gas. This free program will help reduce your operating expenditure, prolong the life of your equipment and save money on your energy bills. By reducing energy consumption, you can help reduce our region’s carbon footprint.
Key contact and how to register
Energy Smart Cafes is open to all cafes in the Woollahra, Randwick and Waverley Council areas that have not had any major renovations or refurbishments in the last 5 years. For more information contact Jodie Savage on 0468 589 251.
Energy smart cafes pathway infographic(JPEG, 26KB)
More business sustainability resources