QUAMBI - Demolished house, Albert St Edgecliff The house Quambi was built in 1862 by Mr Montague Consett Stephen, later purchased by Sir Frederick Darley, P.C., M.L.C., Q.C., Lieu. Governor in 1891. It was demolished in the 1930's replaced by 'Quambi Place' proclaimed in 1938 becoming a significant streetscape of houses after the 'Wilkinson style' - he subsequently built No. 5 in 1959 for Mr Tom Reynolds. Many of the houses in this part of Edgecliff, built in the 1930s, exhibit this styling.
QUIRIANG - Demolished house, Woollahra. The Regency house occupied the block Edgecliff Road, Trelawney Street, Fullerton Road (previously Oatley Street) and Wellington Street, built by the Hon. John Duncan MacLean, pastoralist - occupied by Mr Walter Lamb (1877-80), the Hon. William Halliday, M.L.C. (1895). It was replaced by the high rise block of the same name, No 6 Trelawney Street.