The first Woollahra Council chambers was known as the Iron House and was situated in Edgecliff.
Woollahra Council moved into its first purpose built council chambers located in Ocean Street in 1864.
Redleaf has fulfilled a number of functions in its 147 year history. For over 60 years it has been the headquarters for Woollahra Council.
The local government area of Woollahra is made up of the original Municipality of Woollahra as proclaimed in 1860, and a portion of the former Municipality of Paddington.